Friday, November 4, 2011

Optometrist

Over the last few weeks, I've been having problems with my left eye, such as blurry vision, eyelid twitching, dryness, increased light sensitivity, and such. It got to the point where I was concerned there might be a real problem, so I made an appointment with an optometrist.

He was a cute young guy, and actually knew what I was talking about when I told him I have EDS. It was truly refreshing. Due to the EDS, he recommended a full work-up, and dilated my pupils, and did the yellow dye drops to check for scratches, and shone really bright lights into my eyes at all angles, and then again, because he thought he might have seen something.

Apparently the puff of air they blow in your eye to check for pressure showed that I have a bit higher pressure than they like to see, and he wants me to come back in the next few weeks for another test.

The test he wants me to take is a baseline test to check for the development of glaucoma. So that's fun. I do not have glaucoma at present, but I do apparently have enough of a warning sign that he wants a baseline test, to check for any progressive, yet slow, changes.

The blurriness is apparently due to a clogged tear duct, and I should add more omega-3's to my diet, and use eye drops. The other thing he found that could be attributing to the dryness and blurriness is that my left eye doesn't close all the way when I blink. Kinda weird.

No comments: