Monday, June 27, 2011

Dishes or Laundry?

Unfortunately, that is a question I ask myself more often than I care to admit. Do I do the dishes, because I haven't any clean ones left, or do I do the laundry, because I've worn my shirts twice each, and I'm dangerously low on clean undies? (TMI?) Either way, after my very rushed shower, there is only enough hot water left for one of these things. There is also only enough upper body strength to do one of these things.

Yesterday, I decided it was time to do the dishes. They were stacked in both the sinks, on top of half of my counter and all over the stove top. So I filled both of the sinks, and started soaking things. There were dishes from my gramma's rhubarb pie that she'd sent me, and no matter how much you soak them, they never want to come clean without a thorough scrubbing. Scrubbing is the worst thing on my shoulders ,because it pits my strength arm against arm, and it dislocated half my fingers, and both my shoulders, and some ribs. Which is all well and good, and to be expected. Until my right shoulder goes *SNAP* and I get the feeling of a hot poker going through my shoulder blade and into my ribs, accompanied by a very strong electric shock feeling. My right hand went numb for a minute, and when the feeling came back, I started scrubbing again. A bit later I was putting a dish into the rinse water, and just shifting my weight that slight bit caused the same sensation through my left hip.

Once the dishes were all clean, and sat out to dry, I took a nice 2-3 hour break and watched a movie, and read a chapter or five of my current book. Then I put away all the dishes. And I even remembered to write myself a grocery list, so we wouldn't be out of toilet paper with me begging my hubby to run to 7-11 to pick some up at 10:00 at night... again.

So tonight, I will try to go grocery shopping. And once that is done, and I get home, and have everything away in its cupboard, I will once again contemplate laundry. Or maybe I'll put it off another day or six... I won't know what kind of energy I'll have until the time comes...

I hope everyone is doing alright.

Hugs and happy thoughts to all of you!

1 comment:

Achelois said...

Its just rubbish isn't when everything hurts.

Gentle hugs