Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lest we Forget

I never lost anyone to war.

But my family has served, or is currently serving in 3 different countries on land, at sea, and in the air.

My grandparents never talked about war around me, so I don't know what horrors they may have witnessed, or what deeds may have haunted them.

But the best thing they taught me was acceptance. Acceptance of people from all races, cultures, and backgrounds. They taught me not to judge others by the way they look. They taught me that all people are equal.

They taught these things to their children, their friends. They tried to rid their circle of hatred. They spread joy, and helped those less fortunate.

My grandparents are both gone now, they left this world peacefully, surrounded by family.

My hope is that all soldiers are so lucky.

No comments: