Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dreamworld...

I had a dream last night.

I had been involved in a freak accident, and it was necessary to amputate my left arm and my left leg at the knee. I went through an entire post-healing week. So I've lost the limbs, and I have a prosthetic leg, and I'm walking with a cane. I went clothes shopping, and hiking, and to work, and mountain climbing. It was really strange.

It felt so real. Certain things were very difficult like tying shoes and getting dressed (putting on a bra one-handed is not fun!) Other things were impossible, like crocheting, or putting my hair in a ponytail.

The absolute worst thing though? Even without my arm, I was still dislocating my shoulder every 5 minutes...

I had a wonderful rest! *insert sarcastic eye-roll here*

2 comments:

Nakki said...

I've had that dream...
A while back when I was seeing surgeon after surgeon trying to get someone to fix my shoulders, I had a dream that I finally got it fixed and I was in the recovery room. I was half-asleep and my shoulder was really effing sore, so I really thought the surgery happened. Then I woke up some more and realized that I was still in my bed a home with a dislocated shoulder. Stupid reality.

Pink Doberman said...

See how much harder life could be.. Ha Ha!!