Monday, April 26, 2010

Skin

Friday night, I was getting ready to go out. I had my nice sexy black skirt, with my nice black one-shoulder shirt, and my corset laced up tightly; all I had left to put on were my boots. My boots are knee high shiny black death traps. But they're ever so pretty, and even with the 6 inch heel, I still don't quite come up to my hubby's shoulder. I was about half way done zipping up the second boot, (which is tricky enough at the best of times, but made even more difficult with the addition of the corset) when I noticed I couldn't grip the zipper pull.

The smart thing to do in this situation is to stop, assess the problem, then continue.

That's not what I did.

I continued pulling the zipper pull, wondering why I couldn't grip it, until it was finally done all the way up. Then I stopped, looked at my finger, and realised I had torn a triangle-shaped, rather large chunk of skin out of my finger. It didn't hurt. At all. It was really strange. But quite disgusting at the same time.

I'm assuming this would fall under the category of "EDS causes skin to tear easily" but it's the first time I've ever done anything remotely close to that. It's looking really gross, so I'm keeping it bandaged up until it looks like it's starting to heal. It didn't even bleed though. Odd.

On another note... I was very excited for this past weekend, because I was going to a comic/sci-fi convention, and Leonard Nimoy was there. I wanted to ask him a question (which I would have if it didn't cost so much money to get within shouting distance).

You see... I posses a very rare talent. So far as I know, I am the only person in the world that can do it... I can make the Vulcan hand symbol (like Spock from Star Trek) ... But I can do it with both hands... and here's the exciting part... I can do it with both FEET too!!!

All I wanted to know from Mr. Nimoy, was if he'd ever met anybody else who could.

Everyone I know in real life thought I was completely nuts for wanting to ask him that, and also extraordinarily odd for knowing I possessed that particular talent.

3 comments:

stipeygirl75 said...

My skin does weird stuff like that too, especially when wet.

Where did you get your corset? I think it would help my back tremendously - it tends to curve too much. But I need one that actually holds me up, not just looks pretty.

BubbleGirl said...

I get my corsets usually from the "Taboo Naughty But Nice Sex Show" when it comes to town.

I've had better luck with off-the-rack corsets than I did with the one I had fitted to me.

I've been looking for a nice one that would be suitable for everyday wear, but I can't seem to find one that would work with my body type, and the fact that I have to look "normal" at my job.

The overbust corsets are better for spine stability, because they're longer than the underbust ones.

Most of the pretty ones are good for stability, but you just have to make sure they offer some kind of reduced rates on repairs in case you blow a seam. Also make sure they're using several layers of fabric. I'd also recommend stiff plastic boning instead of metal boning, because it has a bit more give, and it's less likely to be problematic if you bend the corset. I've had metal boning ones that end up being stabby, because they got bent, and you can't unbend them.

elise said...

It's not normal to be able to do the Vulcan sign? Can't do it with my feet though.
So strange about your finger! Heal well, my darlin.