Monday, October 26, 2009

The Birthday Parties...

...Were AWESOME!!!!

Okay, Friday night was my best friend's birthday party, and we went out to karaoke. It was nice, I got to meet new people, and I got to sing. I sang Hands by Jewel, then I sang Angel by Sarah McLachlan, which made the karaoke host cry. After that my best friend and I had a friendly competition with The Cranberries' Zombie, she won... The prize was a drink from the karaoke host, but my friend's pregnant, so I got the drink, and we were also playing for the right to sing that song when we go out together, because we always fight over it. After that I sang Thank You by Dido, and the karaoke host teasingly sang the first couple of lines of Eminem's Stan. All in all it was a pretty fun night.

Saturday night was my guy friend's birthday. He's in the army. Last year he didn't get a real birthday party because he had to fly out to the base the next day. This year he was pretty sure he was getting time off on his birthday, but the day before they told him he couldn't leave. He apparently updated his event on facebook, but I didn't get the memo, and neither did the only other guy I knew that was going. The two of us stayed until the bar closed at 2:30. It was so much fun!

I got there at 9:30, because I had to drive over an hour to get there, and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to find the place, so I left early. When I got there, I ordered a drink, and sat down with a good view of the door. I was sitting near a group of already drunk people. One of them threw a paper plane at my face, and missed thankfully. As an apology, he bought me a drink, then invited me to his table (my party still wasn't there, and I'd been there for an hour at this point). Right after I sat down at their table, a round of shots was bought, and I was three drinks in, without knowing what was going on.

Finally my one friend got there, looked around, then dragged me over to the other bar in town (to look for the birthday boy), where I saw someone I haven't seen since high school, and she did one of those flying Superman hugs, and almost knocked me over, she was so excited to see me. Once we stopped jumping up and down hugging each other, and squealing like school girls, we talked for a few minutes, and she decided I was spending the night on her couch (which was a huge relief, as my ride flaked on me, she went to bed at 9:00, and I had already had too much to drink to allow myself to drive anywhere).

So me and guy friend went back to the first bar, and talked for hours, until the bar closed, and he had to drive his GF home. At the point that I had bought my fourth drink, I set it on the table, and a drunk guy almost knocked the table over when he walked past. My drink was airborne, and I managed to pull a wikkid awesome ninja move, and I caught the drink without spilling a single drop!

I walked back to bar number two, and waited for my gal friend to get off work, then we walked back to her house, and stayed up talking until 3:30 in the morning. I crashed on the couch, and woke up to a 4 year old staring at me.

He was soooo cute though, and eerily quiet... I didn't even hear him get out of bed. He's not one of those kids that cries when he wakes up, or has the insane urge to run in circles. He was perfectly content to just sit there until I woke up, then he proceeded to SHOW ME EVERYTHING. He showed me all of his toys, and all of his little brother's toys, and all of the movies that the toys came from... "This one's the bad guy, Randall, from Monster's inc." But he did this with EVERY toy, and then all of his stuffed bears, then "Do you want to see my HALLOWEEN costume?!?!?!?!? Come to my room!!!! I'll show you!!!!!!!" On and on it went, until finally little brother woke up, and went downstairs... Then we watched Scooby Doo.

Little brother came upstairs a while later in Dad's arms, and I was sent downstairs for more sleep. Upon waking up again, I was officially introduced to the 2 little guys, and I got hugs and kisses, and cuddles. The littlest man called me auntie, and it was so cute! He's really good at apologizing too... First he poked me and said "I sorry, I sorry, I sorry" then he kissed it better. He did the same when he sat on my foot, and then when he pulled on my necklace... That time I got a kiss on the boob. It was too cute. I also got random hugs and kisses. The first time was when somebody else was leaving... Hugs and kisses for everyone. Then I was standing beside the chair the little man was sitting in, and he hugged my leg and kissed it, then I got one more hug and kiss when I finally left.

You guys have no idea how tempting it was to just stay there... The kids were so cute, and the parents were almost too lovey with each other, but it was such a happy atmosphere.

After I left there, I went to birthday girl's in-law's for supper (I brought timbits for dessert) and they were nice enough to feed me, even though I was unexpected. I visited with them for about an hour, and got drooled on by my nephew.

I finally made it home at 10:00 last night, stayed up with hubby to watch a scary movie, then we went to bed.

With all of the walking I did between the two bars, I'm glad to say that my ankle didn't give me any trouble, I had the brace on the whole time. Oddly my shoulder has been feeling worse and worse since Friday afternoonish, and it's to the point now that I can barely even move it enough to type without wanting to scream.

I started this post pretty early his morning, and it is now 4:01 in the afternoon. I think that's enough for today.

2 comments:

elise said...

Hi BG cutie,

Wow, sounds like you had a great weekend!!!

You must have a lovely voice to sing those songs. Angel is one of my most favorite songs of all time.

How did you hold together with that flying "superman" hug? Maybe the shots helped! hee hee They say that drunk people are less likely to be injured in accidents because the are more relaxed. Sweet ninja move!

Oh, I long for the days when I was more active/involved. I've become more isolated over time and with age but maybe that will change with the relocation. :)

Even though your friend's birthday plans didn't work out, seems like you had a nice string of happy events that evening. Your girlfriend's kids sound adorable!

What is/are 'timbits'?

Hmm, perhaps I am feeling sympathetic pain for you? My shoulder area has been painful for days. I actually think a rib or my clavicle is out, rather than my shoulder itself - but if the spasms get any worse, they will pull my shoulder out of its socket. Ugh.

On another note, I went out and bought some hooks, yarn, and a book to learn crochet. I just want to be able to do it well but looks like I'm going to have to practice A LOT! :D I just want to make a hat and scarf - too much to ask? (rhetorical question!)

Miss you.
~e

BubbleGirl said...

The flying superman hug almost knocked me over, but even if it did, I don't think I would have minded.

I do lead a pretty isolated life too, but I try to go out if I'm invited somewhere. I rarely call other people to go out though.

Timbits are donut holes. From Tim Hortons. That's this crazy Canadian coffee/donut shop. Timbits are soooo good! You'll need to take a trip up to Canada when you're living closer.

My shoulder is feeling slightly better, either that or my everyhting else is hurting too much for me to notice my shoulder as much. Yesterday I think I got the flu. Don't know which one, but I'm achy, and hot, and cold, and I have a really bad cough. I slept for at least an hour last night coveres in blankets with an ice pack on my head.

Yay for the crocheting! I'm proud! When I started, it was funny, some of the things I made turned out so different from how they were supposed to.

Good luck!